Talking Timer – Custom Speaking Timer
Talking Timer is a FREE, clean, easy to use, customisable Timer with text to speech (TTS) interval alerts.
This Chrome App was born out of necessity for a simple timer that would notify me at various intervals during a countdown. I developed this app specifically for use while creating digital paintings as part of a Daily Spitpaint challenge (time-limited to 30mins).
Feeling that this app could be useful to others, I decided to make it customisable for all purposes. So for example, at the 30sec mark, it could say:
“Now write your signature!”
• Clean and easy to use
• Customisable timer duration
• Customisable Text to Speech (TTS) alerts at specific intervals
• Can be easily “pinned” to the Taskbar (Windows) or Dock area (Mac)
• Option to keep application always on top of other windows
How to get it
How to “Pin” Talking Timer to Taskbar/Dock
The Talking Timer was created as a Chrome App so to that it could be easily “pinned” to the Taskbar (Windows)/Dock (Mac) for quick access, without the need to open Chrome. To “pin” Talking Timer for quick access, perform the following steps (or watch video below):
(1) Click to [Open Apps] in Chrome
(2) Click on the Talking Timer to run it
(3) Now Right-click the Talking Timer icon in the Taskbar/Dock area
(4) …and select “Pin to Taskbar”/”Keep in Dock” option
Now you can quickly load and view the Talking Timer, without needing Chrome open!